[dba-Tech] Frozen Registry - redux

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Sun Jan 18 20:50:30 CST 2004

On 17 Jan 2004 at 16:03, Kathryn Bassett wrote:

> Still can't edit the registry. I've made a web page with information:
>
> Please peruse to the end and see if you have anymore suggestions on
> how I can unfreeze my registry.

This is a good one Kathryn. I've been following it, but I have no
ideas what could be causing it.

However, SysInternals has a freeware Registry monitor (Regmon) that
will log all activity in the registry to a file.

I have never used Regmon, but I have used quite a few of
SysInternal's other freeware and they are top notch applications.
Maybe it can shed some light on what's happening.

Here is the link to an article describing Regmon
http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/info/regboot.shtml

and here is where you can get Regmon from:
http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/regmon.shtml
The links are down at the bottom of the page, and make sure ou get
the right one.

Good luck!!

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?