[dba-Tech] WinXP Home Edition and NT4 domains

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Fri Jan 23 19:18:28 CST 2004

On 23 Jan 2004 at 17:30, John Bartow wrote:

> I know that WinXP Home Edition cannot be used to logon to an Active
> Directory domain but can Home Edition be used to logon to an NT4 domain?
>
> I would think it could since W95/98/ME can but who knows what MS does until
> you ask.

No it can't. I've had several systems where local suppliers have sold
laptops with XP Home to people who needed to connect  to  corporate
networks running NT4 domain controllers.   I've upgraded  them all to
W2kPro.

XP Home, doesn't understand domains at all - it can only network in a
peer to peer workgroup.

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg