[dba-Tech] WinXP Home Edition and NT4 domains

William Hindman wdhindman at bellsouth.net
Sun Jan 25 03:22:22 CST 2004

"William will hate this" gustav

...true ...William hates anything that unnecessarily complicates his life
and that of his client's users :)

...as for John's question, WinXP Home is just a code crippled version of XP
Pro ...i.e., the features are there but MS has just blocked basic user
access to them ...fortunately, there are literally dozens of easy
work-arounds to allow domain logon from a WinXP Home system ...for instance,
you can use the Xteq X-Setup's Network Auto Login feature to navigate to the
'Network \ Auto Login \ Windows NT/2K/XP \ Settings' option and enter the
User Name, Password, and Domain ...Xteq is imnsho the best of the freeware
Windows "tweaking" utilities ...HTH :)

William Hindman
Government is not reason, government is not persuasion,
government is force. It is a dangerous servant." G. Washington