[dba-Tech] Linksys WRT54G and D-Link DWL-520+incompatibilitypuzlle...

William Hindman wdhindman at bellsouth.net
Thu Jan 29 06:52:05 CST 2004

Shamil

...dl the firmware update to your HD first and install from there ...if at
first you don't succeed, a 2nd attempt often does ...firmware upgrades have
become much better over the past couple of years and I no longer hesitate to
perform them.

...reset normally only resets the preferences or settings you select to the
factory defaults, it won't restore the original firmware.

...I'd e the techs first to see if the firmware update even addresses the
problem you're experiencing.

...and of course, hindsight has taught me not to buy any hardware not on the
MS HCL ...no matter what the sales guy or manf ads say, if MS doesn't list
it as certified, you're buying trouble :(

William Hindman
Government is not reason, government is not persuasion,
government is force. It is a dangerous servant." G. Washington