[dba-Tech] LinksysWRT54GandD-LinkDWL-520+incompatibilitypuzlle...

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Thu Jan 29 13:31:02 CST 2004

One other thing to do, is improve your wireless aerial or extend it.
Maybe get your son to build a couple. There are a lot of methods on the net.

Ahh Pringles is manufacturer of potato chips, they come stacked in a
aluminized carboard can.
"Hacking with a Pringles tube"

Antenna on the Cheap (er, Chip) . Building Instructions. Component parts
are about $10.
http://www.oreillynet.com/cs/weblog/view/wlg/448
Or look up Bill Wiecking on the net he put in a large school wireless
net on hawaii a few years back

You would be suprised at the distances you can get line of sight, 30 km
over open water however
things like wet foliage, snow or fog can limit distance.