[dba-Tech] Onboard graphics cards

Jon Tydda jon at tydda.plus.com
Tue Jul 6 13:56:16 CDT 2004

Hi all

I took delivery of my new work pc today, a shiny new HP (bah!) with a P4 2.8
and 512mb RAM. The only problem it has is that it's got an onboard graphics
card. I happen to have a spare one at home which I can take in and use
(being the IT department does have some advantages) but I've never done the
conversion from onboard to outboard graphics - how do I turn the onboard
card off? I'm aware that it's probably different for different
manufacturers, but I thought I'd ask, see if anyone had any thoughts...

Jon