[dba-Tech] Onboard graphics cards

Francisco H Tapia my.lists at verizon.net
Tue Jul 6 17:14:07 CDT 2004

Jon,
  Don't mess around with Device Manager, you can uninstall the video
card from within windows to remove the driver (if not the driver goes
unused).

   What you WILL want to do is after installing the new video card,
you'll want to visit the bios and disable the onboard graphics card that
way.  This will assure you that the card will not be in play or detected
again by windows.

   Next if you require a new video driver, your system will go into the
standard vga mode (640x480) simply navigate to your video card
manufacturer and d/l the appropriate video driver.

--
-Francisco