[dba-Tech] PDF from ASP

Steven W. Erbach serbach at new.rr.com
Wed Jul 7 12:11:25 CDT 2004

Gustav,

>> have you considered using Access as a server side printing engine? On the web-server or a separate server you run Access which somehow monitors the web site and prints reports on demand to a pdf-printer which saves the pdf-files in a directory on the web-server. <<

Very clever! The web host I've recommended to my client (CrystalTech) has Access support. I have a feeling that there'd be some maintenance issues I'd have to watch for.

>> It's not that easy as it sounds, I know <<

I'll just bet. I appreciate the response.

Regards,

Steve Erbach
Scientific Marketing
Neenah, WI
920-969-0504

"The central conservative truth is that it is culture, not politics, that determines the success of a society. The central liberal truth is that politics can change a culture and save it from itself." - Patrick Moynihan