[dba-Tech] VS.NET

Steven W. Erbach serbach at new.rr.com
Mon Jul 19 15:35:38 CDT 2004

Dear Group,

I just picked up a check covering the retainer for a decent-sized (at least compared to what I've gotten in the past two years) project: to convert an Access application to a web-based application. I've set a time frame of three months for its completion. Lot of learning to do. I bought four books already on ADO.NET, ASP.NET, VB.NET.

And today on Ebay I found a copy of Visual Studio 2003 .NET Enterprise Developer Edition (whew! These names just get longer and longer...) for $295...and my client is willing to pay for it!

I'm going to post a question on dba-Tech, too, but I thought I'd run this past you lot. Anyone doing ASP.NET here? Anyone using Visual Studio .NET in any flavor? I actually had my first dream about .NET last night already. Sheesh! I guess I'm primed to make the move seriously into web development.

Any books on ASP/ADO.NET that you'd recommend? Web sites? This is a big re-tooling of skills for me. Thanks.

Steve Erbach
Scientific Marketing
Neenah, WI
920-969-0504