[dba-Tech] VS.NET

Steven W. Erbach serbach at new.rr.com
Mon Jul 19 16:19:13 CDT 2004

Scott,

>> This is dba-Tech... <<

Oops! I just didn't edit the message I sent to another group I correspond with.

I have the Microsoft Press book "Web Database Development Step by Step .NET Edition" by Jim Buyens. I also purchased two Murach books on ASP.NET and ADO.NET, as well as the O'Reilly book "Programming ASP.NET".

The only thing that has disappointed me about the Microsoft book so far is that all the examples use Access databases as back ends. Perhaps that's a good thing as it forced me to revise the code samples to use an on-line SQL Server database.

Regards,

Steve Erbach
Scientific Marketing
Neenah, WI
920-969-0504

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty." - John F. Kennedy, 1961