[dba-Tech] VS.NET

Haslett, Andrew andrew.haslett at ilc.gov.au
Mon Jul 19 18:05:46 CDT 2004

Hi Steve,

In a way, you'll find asp.net quite similar to Access program in that it
offers 'event-based' programming similar to the code you create in VBA.  Not
many other server-side web technologies offer this (I don't know of any
anyway), and it is able to maintain 'state' between pages (postbacks)
automatically, again which is pretty unique.

VB.Net is a step up from VBA, and there's a few new 'OO' principles to get
hold of, however if you've had some experience previously with VB or VBA
then it shouldn't be too difficult to pick up.

I've found VS.Net to be a great IDE - heaps of features that you'll wonder
how you ever did without before.

Good luck!

Andrew