[dba-Tech] WAN - Interesting experience

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Jul 28 09:28:26 CDT 2004

Yea, unfortunately I threw away all my 900 mhz phones (they were awful), and
then spent $150 on a new two handset 2ghz set BEFORE even looking at the
wireless router.  If you know anything about power though, you know that
power diminishes at the square of the distance, thus simply moving two
transmitters as far apart as possible is going to help reduce interference
between the two.  And of course, I knew this.  ;-)  I didn't really know I
had an interference problem, or not enough to worry about trying to move
things around.  After all, everything worked.

In my case I had the two within about two feet of each other, and at times
about a foot apart.  The only reason I didn't do this sooner is that I
wanted the phone handset cradle on my desk.  I'll live with it where it is
given the performance increase of my WAN.