[dba-Tech] Dell Server Rush

Mackin, Christopher CMackin at Quiznos.com
Thu Jun 3 09:49:38 CDT 2004

Yeah, the IT department has a Dell server farm and will only purchase
Dell's, which is fine until this situation arises.  I definitely have no
complaints with the end product, but it's frustrating that they have the
coverage of 4 hour replacement if the server breaks, but can't get a new
server for weeks.

I'm still convinced that there must be a way to get it done, but I'm thick
headed that way.

-Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Gustav Brock [mailto:gustav at cactus.dk]
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2004 8:38 AM
To: Discussion of Hardware and Software issues
Subject: Re: [dba-Tech] Dell Server Rush

Hi Christopher

No. We have a motto here: "Forget your Dell until you have it in your
hands". We have seen it so many times when clients have been tempted
by some bargain price.

That's why we stick with IBM, HP and Fujitsu and their distributors
who physically stock machines. If you need a machine in a hurry, you
know what you can count on. If time is really tight, you can go and
get it the same day.

/gustav