[dba-Tech] Laptop Recommendation

Porter, Mark MPorter at acsalaska.com
Thu Jun 3 13:01:51 CDT 2004

I used to have a Sager laptop and was VERY pleased with it.

A bit larger than others, but very modular and very powerful.  Along the same vein as the Alienware laptops, but can be taylored for business use.  They even have a model with 2GB memory and dual disks!

http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.html

Otherwise, when my wife got a laptop the main thing I looked for was warranty.  With that in mind, we picked up a Compaq at Best Buy with an additional 'drop kick' 3 year warranty.  Whole thing and warranty cost under $1000, 0% financing and was powerful enough to do Access development on.

Mark