[dba-Tech] Strange search engine problem

Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Wed Jun 23 12:23:01 CDT 2004

Preamble:  My kids do not practice safe computing.  Spybot and Adaware always uncovers stuff that has been pushed onto their machine.  Well, they're kids.

Problem:  Google searches hang the browser.  Have to terminate the process.  Ask.com searches also hang the browser.  But Alta Vista searches work! (Haven't tried any other search engines.)

What I've done: Re-installed Windows (2k) to get a fresh IE.  No soap.  Downloaded IE 6.0.  Didn't help.

Any idea what's going on?

MTIA,

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software