[dba-Tech] Unstable Wireless Netowrk

William Hindman wdhindman at bellsouth.net
Sun Mar 7 11:41:27 CST 2004

...linksys has a pretty good reliability rep ...its unlikely that you are
seeing a router failure ...not impossible but its the last thing I'd look at
rather than among the first :(

...interference from another wireless network would tend to be steady rather
than the highly intermittent type you describe ...thus I expect that if you
do finally isolate the source, it will be another type of intermittent
emitter in the 2.4GH spectrum ...a cordless phone or microwave would fall
into that category.

...signal strength meters measure total emissions in the measured bandwidth
...thus they would see interference the same as your emitted signal.

William Hindman "My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with
me." Disraeli