[dba-Tech] For Rocky - Wireless Networking

Bobby Heid bheid at appdevgrp.com
Wed Mar 10 09:10:19 CST 2004

I was referring to the prior post suggesting just changing the router to G.
If you changed the NIC and the router to G, that might help.

The network 'thewunetwork' may be a neighbor's network.  None of my
neighbors have a wireless network, so I do not know how it looks when there
are multiple ones.

The say it is desirable to change the default network name.

If the connection is good, it may not be the hardware that is at fault.
Does your router give the IP addresses to the devices on your network
properly?  If not, your DHCP set up may be incorrect.

I have my network set up with 128 bit encryption, changed the SSID, changed
the default channel, limit MAC addresses to the two devices I have, and
limit the number of IP addresses given out to a range of two IP addresses
(since there is only two devices on my network).

Bobby