[dba-Tech] HP 3820

Gary Kjos garykjos at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 29 10:08:56 CST 2004

Didja go to the HP Website? They used to have a pretty extensive online help
section there. I found out how to modify one of my HP printers there once
when it was falsly detecting something or another that had to do with
printing banners - something that I had never done with that printer nor did
I plan to - so it talked me though clipping a wire to get around the
problem. It was laced with "this is not supported by HP and will void your
warranty" etc, but since i was already out of warranty, WTF?

I'd check the contacts were the cartridge plugs into and make sure that they
are clean - perhaps try to clean them off with some alcohol or some aerosol
contact cleaner (you can get it ar Radio Shack) or maybe a pencil eraser
depending on what they look like.

Did you try a google search with that model number and a couple words about
the problem?  I've had some success in the past finding info that way too -
almost a shot in the dark but stranger things have happened too.

Gary Kjos
garykjos at hotmail.com