[dba-Tech] Heads up! Great deal on an APC 1000VA UPS at Office Max - YMMV

Bobby Heid bheid at appdevgrp.com
Tue May 11 09:18:26 CDT 2004

Hey all,

I heard on Fatwallet.com yesterday about Office Max having the APC Back-UPS
XS 1000VA (600 watts) for the $30!  These normally go for $129.  There is
$99 instant rebate/discount.

I stopped by a local OM after work and the tag on the shelf did say $30, but
they were sold out.  So I went to another OM and they had one, but the shelf
price either had $99 or $129, I can't remember.  Anyway, I asked the manager
about the price and he looked it up on a piece of paper he had and sure
enough, $30!  So I got the last one that they had.

I doubt OM has any stores outside of the US, so sorry to the non-US listers.
But if you are in the US, I'd hurry to your local OM to see if they have
one.  I would not call and ask about the price because if the employees did
not know about the deal, they may tell you they have none and buy them
themselves.  Although you might call to see if they have any and to hold one
for you.

Good luck!
Bobby