[dba-Tech] Microsoft Software Update Services (SUS)

Jon Tydda Jon.Tydda at alcontrol.co.uk
Tue May 25 10:40:59 CDT 2004

Has anyone ever made SUS work?

I've got a copy of it on a server here with a view to patching all the pc's
over night without going round to each one to do a windows update.

The reasoning behind this thinking was especially evident today with the
outbreak of a Sasser worm, despite 50% of the machines having already been
patched, but I'm having trouble telling the client pc's where to look for
the updates - they can't seem to see the SUS server. I was wondering if
anyone had any experience with this or any ideas how I might make it work...

Thanks

Jon

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may also be legally
privileged. The contents are intended for recipient only and are subject
to the legal notice available on request from : webmaster at alcontrol.co.uk
ALcontrol Laboratories is a trading division of ALcontrol UK Limited.
Registered Office: Templeborough House, Mill Close, Rotherham, S60 1BZ.
Registered in England and Wales No 4057291