[dba-Tech] Microsoft Software Update Services (SUS)

Erwin Craps - IT Helps Erwin.Craps at ithelps.be
Wed May 26 00:42:10 CDT 2004

I tried about a year ago to install he sus server.
I removed it again because there was no way I could get it to work.

The server part worked fine but the client side not.
You need to install a special Update client that replaces the regular
update client in windows.
The difference is that it will look or you can define a SUS server in
your network.

My problem was that the client was not installable on a computer because
the language was not the same.
It was however the Dutch client I was trying to install (If I recall
exact).
Since we also have ISA server that has a cache, the importance of a SUS
server is not that really high....or even pointless.

Erwin