[dba-Tech] How to get programmatic access to lookup properties in adp tables?

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 13:17:54 CST 2004

Shamil,
  I don't believe this property is available.  Your tables are all Sql
in an ADP thus you'd need to run a sproc/view that will select the
column property.  So in a word it's not accessible via code in that
way, you MUST go through the sql server engine to gain any information
reguarding the tables.

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 08:42:31 +0200, Gustav Brock <gustav at cactus.dk> wrote:
> Hi Shamil
>
> Why not address this to the AccessD list?
> Seems right "on topic" to me ...
>
> /gustav
>
> > Date: 2004-10-28 21:53
>

> > Here is a tough one or I'm missing something obvious?
>
> > I .mdb I can write for a table's field, which has combo lookup defines:
>
> > Dim dbs As DAO.Database
> > Dim tdf As DAO.TableDef
> > Dim prp As DAO.Property
> >     Set dbs = CurrentDb
> >     Set tdf = dbs.TableDefs("tblTest")
> >     Set prp = tdf.Fields("F2").Properties("RowSource")
> >     Debug.Print prp.Value
>
> > I can't find how can I do similar thing in .adp?
>
> > TIA for any help,
> > Shamil

-Francisco