[dba-Tech] Converting LPs into digital audio

Erwin Craps - IT Helps Erwin.Craps at ithelps.be
Wed Nov 17 08:23:41 CST 2004

For those other digitizers out there.
I have put my text on to
http://www.ithelps.be/Erwin/Muziek/Default.htm

I get the question a lot...

Erwin

-----Original Message-----
From: dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Bobby Heid
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2004 3:02 PM
To: 'Discussion of Hardware and Software issues'
Subject: RE: [dba-Tech] Converting LPs into digital audio

Erwin,

Wow, quite a collection!  I have about 150-200 LPs I would like to
record.

I have an Onkyo pre-amp at home.  It has a setting for moving coil or
moving magnet.  Am I correct that the pre-amp would most likely have the
RIAA correction that you talked about?

If so, would I then connect the turntable to the pre-amp then the
pre-amp to the line-in of my Creative Audigy 2 ZS?

Thanks,
Bobby