[dba-Tech] Access vs. .NET

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Nov 17 15:31:58 CST 2004

ROTFL.

I have to believe though that you have forgotten your early days learning
Access, when all the millions of properties and events were so much Greek,
and you had no idea what an object model was, never mind how to find it or
how to interpret it.

I distinctly remember moving from procedural "start at the top (or with
Turbo Pascal - the bottom) and start executing" code to Event driven "how
can you ever know where the code is going to execute next".  I really got
into Access "full time" in 1994 and there was no internet.  There was no
Access Users Group, in fact I was on the BOD of the San Diego Users Group
sitting in on that first meeting singing "halleluiah" that I would finally
have someone to talk to about Access.  Once a month users group meetings.
There were very few books, and the ADH was waaaaay over my head.

Yea sure, now that I have spent 10 years learning it, Access is indeed
"chocolates on the pillow".

http://folding.stanford.edu/