[dba-Tech] Access vs. .NET

chizotz at mchsi.com chizotz at mchsi.com
Wed Nov 17 17:30:49 CST 2004

Actually, I'm very happy working in .NET and find it at least as fast and easy
to develop in C# as I ever did in Access. There was a slight learning curve at
first, but, truly, I didn't find it that difficult to make the change. I'm
torn on whether my previous VB6 experience helped me or hindered me when I
first went to .NET (I know that my C/C++ experience definitely did help me,
since I switched from VS6 and VB to VS.NET and c# at the same time) but,
regardless, I found the initial learning curve relatively painless. So I'm
sorry but I can't agree with your metaphor :) And I think once you get past
that initial learning curve, you'll like it too.