Safari Virtual Bookshelf -- WAS -- RE: Svar: RE: [dba-Tech] Access vs. .NET

Reische, Brenda L. blreische at mdh.org
Mon Nov 22 08:32:23 CST 2004

Gustav & Steven,

Here is the official blurb about Safari:

Safari Bookshelf is the premier electronic reference library for programmers
and IT professionals.  Unlike an online bookstore, Safari lets subscribers:

Search - Conduct searches across all of the technical books in the Safari
library - more than 2,000 in all. Zero in on answers to time critical
questions in a matter of seconds.

Read - Read the books on your Bookshelf from cover to cover. Or, simply flip
to the page you need.

Browse - Browse books by category. With Safari researching any topic is a
snap. From XML, to database to .Net, you'll find your answer in Safari.

Download - Download chapters for viewing offline.

Here are links for a FREE TRIAL OF SAFARI

http://www.devx.com/premier/door/17532  30 day free trial through devx

http://safari.informit.com/  14 day free trial through informit

http://safari.oreilly.com/  14 day free trial through o'reilly

There are three sizes of bookshelf, so you can choose how many books you can
have based on how much you want to pay per month.  Most books take up one
"slot", but some take 2 and others take 1/2 a slot.

A 5 slot basic plan is 9.99/ month
A 10 slot basic plan is 14.99/month
A 10 slot max plan is 19.99/month and you can download some whole chapters
plus some other benefits.

I am not affiliated with Safari in any way other than being a customer.

Brenda Reische
Application Support Analyst
McDonough District Hospital
x. 3263