[dba-Tech] Desktop recommendation

jmoss111 at bellsouth.net jmoss111 at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 20 10:06:17 CDT 2004

I picked up on it late and probably never read the original email. Some people think that getting a faster cpu is the cure for everything, when sometimes all you really need is faster I/O.

What I noticed that was mentioned was the need for zippy local query performance

By rolling your own, you do keep costs down. Compare what you can build a high end machine for to what that machine will cost at Dell. Not to mention all of the garbage that Dell loads on a new system. If you can get the equivalent components in a system from Dell. And I don't think that my Antec Sonata case is ugly.