[dba-Tech] Desktop recommendation

Mitsules, Mark S. (Newport News) Mark.Mitsules at ngc.com
Mon Oct 25 12:16:21 CDT 2004

I'm glad you made me do the calculations...I hadn't gone that far.  My
current video card lists 300W for the minimum power supply requirements:(
...yet I couldn't locate the actual rated wattage (probably far less than
300W).  The rest of the info is below.  The optical drive is negligible
because it won't be in use when the rest of the system is maxed out...for
that matter the hard drive shouldn't be thrashing either (I hope).

AMD 3000
89W  : Max
66W  : Intermediate
35W  : Min

Western Digital Raptor 740GD
8.4W : Read/Write

But, the bottom line is that I might be pushing the limits, especially if
components were upgraded...I wonder what a Shuttle rep would suggest?

Mark