[dba-Tech] System Upgrade

Jon Tydda Jon.Tydda at alcontrol.co.uk
Fri Oct 29 10:38:19 CDT 2004

Hi all

I've got a new motherboard, memory and processor to put in my pc (I say new,
it's new to me, it's a year old that I got from a friend as payment for
building his new pc).

At the moment, I've got a 5 year old motherboard ram and chip combo that is
in deperate need of disposal. Normally I'd just rip it all out and shove the
new bits in, but last time I did that, I rather killed the os, and ended up
formatting the hard drive, which later died and had to be replaced... I
remember someone mentioning Sysprep, but having looked it up I can't find
any reference to it other than for making images of pc's for instant
installs on network workstations. Is Sysprep the right tool for me? How do I
use it?

I want a faster system, but not at the expense of losing all my files...

Jon

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may also be legally
privileged. The contents are intended for recipient only and are subject
to the legal notice available on request from : webmaster at alcontrol.co.uk
ALcontrol Laboratories is a trading division of ALcontrol UK Limited.
Registered Office: Templeborough House, Mill Close, Rotherham, S60 1BZ.
Registered in England and Wales No 4057291