[dba-Tech] Calculator

Steven W. Erbach serbach at new.rr.com
Fri Sep 3 09:28:30 CDT 2004

Francisco,

>> I bet it bugs you enough to ponder, WHAT THE HECK is causing that! :D <<

Oh, you bet. Doing decimal-to-hex conversions is all I want it for; thank goodness I don't have to operate the calculator with the mouse. Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V, and Esc all work just dandy. And I've gotten used to visualising Windows screens what with all the help I supply to people over the phone!

>> it was good for my pc <<

A therapeutic re-installation, eh?

>> btw, w/ you AV subscription, yes you CAN transfer it, but you MUST uninstall it from the original 'puter in order to be within the guidelines of the EULA. <<

That's a relief to know that. I was wondering whether I had to contact Symantec to finalize the subscription transfer since I have no idea how they're monitoring the remaining AV subscription.

>> that's another reason I hate all this new activation software... <<

Sometimes I just revel in the use of my PCs; other times I wonder why I even bother since the number of annoyances increases over time. And with my clients having PCs with various operating systems, I find I have to carry around a lot of excess baggage in the form of PC knowledge that I wish I could just forget. I even have a DOS client who just won't budge, though I've gotten Windows installed on about half of his computers, too.

Thanks for being such a good sport considering my rant yesterday.

Regards,

Steve Erbach
Neenah, WI

"PRACTICAL HOMEMAKER TIP -- Always keep an open box of baking soda in your refrigerator. That way, when people come to your house to visit, you can say: 'Would you care for some cold baking soda?' Then they will leave." - Dave Barry