[dba-Tech] extract MPEG frame

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Mon Sep 27 18:02:25 CDT 2004

On 27 Sep 2004 at 15:40, Lembit Soobik wrote:

> thank you, Jon,
> I have tried that with a pgm called 'AVI to MPEG converter', however it is
> almost impossible to get to the right frame on the film without waiting half an
> hour with my finger on the mouse button.
> I will try Power DVD
> thank you :)
> Lembit Soobik

Try Virtual Dub http://www.virtualdub.org/
You can find and any frame you want very quickly and step through fram by
frame if you need to.

Use it in conjunction with Irfanview http://www.irfanview.com for the
screen captures.

IF you  want to use Virtual Dub  to edit your mpgs as well, you need to
save the edited version as an AVI and then convert it to mpg using "AVI to
MPEG converter" or tmpgenc (http:/www.tmpgenc.net) or similar.

--
Stuart