[dba-Tech] Permenently disable windows XP AV stuff

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Sep 28 23:45:44 CDT 2004

Is there any way to permanently disable the built in "helpful" security
monitoring from XP Pro?  I have been working on my two XP systems today and
have had to turn off the little monitor that warns me that the firewall / AV
etc is not active AT LEAST 6 times in 4 hours.  I go in and tell it that
"yes I know" and for some reason it comes back again later.  It seems that
it returns whenever you do anything with NAV - install it, download updates
etc.  It has even turned the firewall back on a couple of times even though
I have turned it off every time it does so.  This is getting REALLY
ANNOYING.  Just LEAVE ME THE ^%$# ALONE!!!

Can it somehow be completely and entirely deleted from the computer so that
it just cannot be activated EVER?