[dba-Tech] Administrator account disappeared

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Thu Sep 30 08:49:42 CDT 2004

I tried that and it didn't work. Interestingly, the SpecialAccounts registry entry wasn't even there. Maybe it's somewhere else in Windows XP.

Arthur

"Mitsules, Mark S. (Newport News)" <Mark.Mitsules at ngc.com> wrote:
I make no warranties on this information found at:
http://www.theeldergeek.com/missing_administrator_account.htm

To Make the Administrator Account Always Visible on the Login Screen

[Start] [Run] [Regedit]
Registry Key: HKEY_LOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList
Modify/Create the Value Data Type(s) and Value Name(s) as detailed below.
Data Type: DWORD// Value Name: Administrator
Setting for Value Data: [0 = Disabled / 1 = Enabled]
Exit Registry and Reboot

Mark