[dba-Tech] SMTP error messages

Jon Tydda Jon.Tydda at alcontrol.co.uk
Tue Apr 5 06:29:39 CDT 2005

Hi all

A user has asked me why our e-mails keep getting bounced from on particular
destination, and with a bit of investigation, I've found that all the
"bounces" are in fact error messages, simply saying "SMTP Error Code 554
Transaction Failed". I've spent the past half hour on the web trying to find
out precisely what this means, and have come up with absolutely nothing.
Does it just mean that it failed and no-one knows why? How do I fix it?

Jon

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may also be legally
privileged. The contents are intended for recipient only and are subject
to the legal notice available on request from : webmaster at alcontrol.co.uk
ALcontrol Laboratories is a trading division of ALcontrol UK Limited.
Registered Office: Templeborough House, Mill Close, Rotherham, S60 1BZ.
Registered in England and Wales No 4057291