[dba-Tech] Time Sync

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Tue Apr 12 10:04:44 CDT 2005

Hi all,

I have a client with whom I'm setting up a mobil testing lab network. The
network is peer to peer with no server. Each computer has various pieces of
testing equipment attached to it that need to be accurately time
synchronized with each other. This lab will not be connected to the
internet.

I don't see a method to change the synchronization server in WinXP to use
another PC (only a domain server). I used to do time sync with NT server and
batch files but that was once a day a login. Given the discrepancies in
type/models of PCs, and the inherit unreliability of PC clocks, this would
probably need a constantly running process.

Any ideas?

John