[dba-Tech] Terminal Server Default printer.

Erwin Craps - IT Helps Erwin.Craps at ithelps.be
Wed Aug 3 05:28:34 CDT 2005

When I login to a Terminal server (2K) it automaticly add my local pc's
printers so I can print localy.
This is a good thing, but it also reset the default printer to my local
printer.
When disconnecting (logging off) from the Terminal server is deleted my
local printer from the server, which he suposed to do but then it put
the last installed driver/printer to the default instead of the original
default.

This is not really a problem when login on as a regular user but when I
logon as administrator.
Because the administrator is already logged on the main console and runs
Access applications to generate Excel files.
So every time I log on/off as administrator in Terminal server, my
default printer is changed from Laserjet 2200 to the Dymo labelprinter
(the last driver I installed).
Ofcourse when it generate an excel file it fails on the margins whom are
changed in Excel because the Dymo printer has only label format and not
A4.

I tried to work around to install a second copy of the Laserjet 2200,
but this does not help. It still picks the dymo as default. Maybe
because its the first printer or maybe because its the last driver I
installed.

Turning off use printers in the TS profile does help, but then I can not
print localy.

Is there a way to turn off the change of default printer when login on?

Erwin

Erwin Craps

Zaakvoerder

www.ithelps.be/onsgezin

This E-mail is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for the
intended recipient only. Access, disclosure, copying, distribution, or
reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited and may be a criminal
offence. Please delete if obtained in error and E-mail confirmation to
the sender.

IT Helps - I.T. Help Center  ***  Box Office Belgium & Luxembourg

www.ithelps.be <http://www.ithelps.be/>   *  www.boxoffice.be
<http://www.boxoffice.be/>   *  www.stadleuven.be
<http://www.stadleuven.be/>

IT Helps bvba* ** Mercatorpad 3 **  3000 Leuven

IT Helps  *  Phone: +32 16 296 404  *  Fax: +32 16 296 405 E-mail:
Info at ithelps.be

Box Office **  Fax: +32 16 296 406 **  Box Office E-mail:
Staff at boxoffice.be <mailto:figures at boxoffice.be>