[dba-Tech] Terminal Server Default printer.

Erwin Craps - IT Helps Erwin.Craps at ithelps.be
Thu Aug 4 01:59:52 CDT 2005

Thx

I will take a deeper look at it.

Erwin

-----Original Message-----
From: dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of
MartyConnelly
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 7:23 PM
To: Discussion of Hardware and Software issues
Subject: Re: [dba-Tech] Terminal Server Default printer.

If you are using login scripts you could use something like Set
WshNetwork = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Network")
        WshNetwork.AddWindowsPrinterConnection printerUNC or
        WshNetwork.SetDefaultPrinter PrinterUNC where PrinterUNC
"\\Server\Printername"

Long example for setting printers by user group membership

http://cwashington.netreach.net/depo/view.asp?Index=1028&ScriptType=vbsc
ript

Erwin Craps - IT Helps wrote:

>When I login to a Terminal server (2K) it automaticly add my local pc's

>printers so I can print localy.
>This is a good thing, but it also reset the default printer to my local

>printer.
>When disconnecting (logging off) from the Terminal server is deleted my

>local printer from the server, which he suposed to do but then it put
>the last installed driver/printer to the default instead of the
>original default.
>
>This is not really a problem when login on as a regular user but when I

>logon as administrator.
>Because the administrator is already logged on the main console and
>runs Access applications to generate Excel files.
>So every time I log on/off as administrator in Terminal server, my
>default printer is changed from Laserjet 2200 to the Dymo labelprinter
>(the last driver I installed).
>Ofcourse when it generate an excel file it fails on the margins whom
>are changed in Excel because the Dymo printer has only label format and

>not A4.
>
>I tried to work around to install a second copy of the Laserjet 2200,
>but this does not help. It still picks the dymo as default. Maybe
>because its the first printer or maybe because its the last driver I
>installed.
>
>Turning off use printers in the TS profile does help, but then I can
>not print localy.
>
>Is there a way to turn off the change of default printer when login on?
>

>Erwin
>

>Erwin Craps
>
>Zaakvoerder
>
>www.ithelps.be/onsgezin
>

>This E-mail is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for the
>intended recipient only. Access, disclosure, copying, distribution, or
>reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited and may be a
>criminal offence. Please delete if obtained in error and E-mail
>confirmation to the sender.
>
>IT Helps - I.T. Help Center  ***  Box Office Belgium & Luxembourg
>
>www.ithelps.be <http://www.ithelps.be/>   *  www.boxoffice.be
><http://www.boxoffice.be/>   *  www.stadleuven.be
><http://www.stadleuven.be/>
>
>IT Helps bvba* ** Mercatorpad 3 **  3000 Leuven
>
>IT Helps  *  Phone: +32 16 296 404  *  Fax: +32 16 296 405 E-mail:
>Info at ithelps.be
>
>Box Office **  Fax: +32 16 296 406 **  Box Office E-mail:
>Staff at boxoffice.be <mailto:figures at boxoffice.be>

Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.
Canada