[dba-Tech] Nations, City States, mapping same, etc.

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Fri Aug 19 00:18:43 CDT 2005

If you are doing this for mailing look up IPU lists otherwise I would
use UN membership for political reasons
There are still small UN protectorships and nations and areas not
recognized by the UN,
The ISO list is about 10 years behind the times.
Vienna was divided into US, British, French, and Soviet occupation zones
194555.
Berlin was similar forgot the time frame but was considered West German
after western Allied Powers occupation zones dissolved.
Macau was Dutch colony till 99 as was Hong Kong British colony now
Chinese SAR Special Administrative Region.
as is Tibet but Chinese piked that in 50's.
Hong Kongers were once allowed a British Overseas passport that did not
give residence right in Britain.

Singapore was part of Malaya British Colony, Three years after Malaya
independance majority 75% Chinese in Singapore
seperated 1963.
I haven't used the term City-State since the Hanseatic League dissolved.
Then in Canada you have first nations.
A rose is a rose.
Oh yes Texas can still secede or split into 4 states within the union.
The Turks and Caicos want to become Canada's 11 province.
The list is endless. Try nailing Jello to a wall it would be more fruitful.
Even the CIA factbook list is missing Nations or wannabes look up
Palestine, Chechyna.