[dba-Tech] Self-serving plug

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Thu Aug 25 13:41:27 CDT 2005

I'll just include this for other's on this list,
I don't know if you have done this with your source code.

Rather than going for a patent.
One other thing to do is file a copyright, you have a copyright
automatically but you cannot sue for infringement, unless it is registered
This costs $30. You send in roughly first and last 25 pages of source
code with blocked out trade secrets.
Government processing time is six months.
For US details see:
Copyright Registration for Computer Programs

http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ61.html#deposit

However you missed my favourite patent

http://tinyurl.com/dvh8

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=/netahtml/srchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=6004596.WKU.&OS=PN/6004596&RS=PN/6004596