[dba-Tech] file renaming utility

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Wed Aug 31 12:38:46 CDT 2005

Thanks, I'll try it out!

-----Original Message-----
From: dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Kathryn Bassett
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 11:52 AM
To: 'Discussion of Hardware and Software issues'
Subject: RE: [dba-Tech] file renaming utility

John Bartow asked:
> Anyone know of a utility that can rename folders and files from all
> caps to proper case?

http://www.publicspace.net/windows/BetterFileRename/

I love this program. The free version you can do 10 files at a time, and I
quickly bought the unlimited version. I'm glad I looked this up for you,
because I see they've brought out a new version. In addition to the caps
case, you can "add at beginning" "add at end" "replace at beginning",
"replace anywhere" etc - about two dozen choices of things. The thing I do
the most often is changing the names of photos from my digital camera. For
instance, I'll have a file called:
HPIM0911.JPG through HPIM0950.JPG
and using Better File Rename, I'll end up with 20050730CheckerShow-911.jpg
through 20050730CheckerShow-950.jpg

I have a couple of my genealogy clients I've got using it as well.

--
Kathryn Rhinehart Bassett (Pasadena CA)
"Genealogy is my bag" "GH is my soap"
kathryn at bassett.net