[dba-Tech] Windows Explorer Find replacement

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Dec 9 12:38:29 CST 2005

Hi Marty

I had only filename-search in mind but maybe I should give this a thought. Problem is that 99% of my material is stored on corporate servers ...

/gustav

>>> martyconnelly at shaw.ca 08-12-2005 19:20:17 >>>
I use Google's Desktop Search Engine. It takes about 12 hours to index a
full 20 gig drive.
Once done, searches are generally less than 5 seconds.
It only indexes to a depth of 5000 characters in a file unless
additional plugins used
You can search in only specific files by adding to the search string
filetype:doc to look at only word documents.
A plus is it also searchs your IE favourite URL's and whatever is in the
IE cache.

I have used the find function only a couple of times in past year.