[dba-Tech] Question about cable tv and recording therefrom

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Thu Dec 29 15:45:31 CST 2005

This is a start but that is all that it is. I have a Scientific Atlanta box
with standard RCA outputs and diagrams how to copy to VCR but this seems to
me a very lossy route. I have been told that instead I could select a
recorded program and pipe it to a DVD burner and thus capture 1+ programs to
a single DVD. That is that I want. I am NOT into bootlegging this stuff. I
just want to watch episodes repeatedly. Unfortunately, the series of
interest are not available at the CBC store or I would simply buy them.
I might be wrong, but I am guessing that first recording to VCR and thence
to DVD would result in a serious loss of resolution. I am most willing to
stand corrected on this.