[dba-Tech] C++ to vb.net conversion

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Tue Feb 22 02:35:52 CST 2005

John,

This your sample C++ code is OK - i.e. it compiles and works. Tested. (BTW,
it needs zlib include files and binaries - www.zlib.org)
As for VB.NET conversion maybe better/easier try to use zlib .NET wrapper
http://zlibnetwrapper.sourceforge.net/
Then just use numerous C#->VB.NET convertors to convert this wrapper sample
C# code?
If this sample code will not fit your task then C++ code you posted here
could be adapted to this .NET wrapper.

I did download it and tried to rebuild .NET wrapper solution.
Unfortunately in HANGS ON my VS.NET 2003 IDE. Even when I just open its
solution and try to close - it HANGS VS.NET 2003 IDE.
Something wrong with my installation? I doubt it. Could you please try to
download and rebuild this solution?

Shamil
--
Web: http://smsconsulting.spb.ru/shamil_s