[dba-Tech] MS anti-spyware

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Feb 22 06:03:13 CST 2005

Hi John

When in this mood, also go to this key in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search

and remove Bill's idea of always looking up the MSN Search page when
you type in a not found URL.

/gustav

>>> john at winhaven.net 22-02-2005 03:21:34 >>>
It just gets better and better.

I just downloaded the latest iteration of MS anti-spyware and ran a
scan to
see if its any better. (So far its lived up to about 1/10 of the media
hype.)

Oh my gosh! It found a browser highjack attempt (How exasperating! I
have
Pest Patrol running 24/7 in order to keep those buggers out!)

Oops, never mind, it was just me --- deciding that my homepage
shouldn't be
MSN.com (or whatever irritating homepage IE ships with). (I had changed
it
to my own website's homepage.)

System scan:
1 item found