[dba-Tech] Overview of Sharepoint Server

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Sun Feb 27 09:26:10 CST 2005

Hi Dan

One of the cons is the high license costs.

I haven't been working with it.
Does anyone know of a public Sharepoint server you can connect to and
do live test?

/gustav

>>> dwaters at usinternet.com 26-02-2005 17:08:41 >>>
I have a customer I've been trying to get a project started with for
about 9
months now (large company).  Two weeks ago we had what was supposed to
be
the last 'approval' meeting with a group of people from various IT
functions.  Yesterday my customer told me that a higher-level IT
manager has
suggested that he look at Sharepoint Server as a possible alternative
before
he makes a decision on what technology to use.

So - can someone point me to where I can read a good overview of what
Sharepoint does?  What are it's pros/cons, etc.  Beyond MS marketing -
how
have people really used it to their advantage and what should it not be
used
for?

Thanks!
Dan Waters