[dba-Tech] Laptop should run faster

Erwin Craps - IT Helps Erwin.Craps at ithelps.be
Sun Jan 2 05:44:37 CST 2005

Ah yes, also you virusscanner could be set to ALL fiels read and write.

I know McAfee has changed their default setting from "some extensions"
to all files both read and write.

I prefer to set to "Some extensions" and write only, in addition to that
scan the whole computer once a week for all files.

Indexing service should not slow down your computer, it only scans while
you are inactive.

Erwin