[dba-Tech] DOS help

Jon Tydda Jon.Tydda at alcontrol.co.uk
Fri Jan 7 08:09:38 CST 2005

Thanks Gustav, that's solved it.

Jon

-----Original Message-----
From: Gustav Brock [mailto:Gustav at cactus.dk]
Sent: 07 January 2005 10:51
To: dba-tech at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: Re: [dba-Tech] DOS help

Hi Jon

How about adding some quotes:

copy "\\alcaislg1\d$\deploy\_AIS32.lnk" "C:\Documents and Settings\All
Users\Desktop"

/gustav

>>> Jon.Tydda at alcontrol.co.uk 07-01-2005 11:29:44 >>>
Hi all

got a small problem with a batch file I'm trying to write to automate
an
installation procedure. The problem is I haven't used DOS actively for
about
10 years and can't remember a whole lot.

I'm trying to copy a file from one location to another, and the
following
line isn't working:

copy \\alcaislg1\d$\deploy\_AIS32.lnk
<file://\\alcaislg1\d$\deploy\_AIS32.lnk>  C:\Documents and
Settings\All
Users\Desktop\*.*

Does anyone have any suggestions?