[dba-Tech] wXP virtual memory question

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Wed Jan 12 07:31:20 CST 2005

Actually, three related questions:

1. The interface is quite quite confusing (or alternatively, my senior
moments are becoming more frequent). I want to move the Windows
pagefile.sys from drive e: to drive f:. It's not readily apparent how to
do this.

2. I have heard or read that the pagefile.sys setting should be twice
the RAM available. Is this just old-folks' tales or is there sense
behind this alleged maxim?

3. I just noticed another file 260MB large called hiberfil.sys. What is
this? Can I kill it? Can I move it?

TIA,
Arthur