[dba-Tech] DDR Power requirements

James Moss jmoss111 at bellsouth.net
Sat Jan 15 23:52:11 CST 2005

Thanks, Stuart. Now I'm really confused. I just sent an email to the
manufacturer, hopefully they can shed some light on the subject. I'm
assembling a system into an Antec Performance series case that has a 430
watt power supply along with an Antec 550 watt power supply as a replacement
for the 430. I swapped out the power supplies and didn't notice that I
received an EPS power supply instead of the ATX until I tried to plug into
the motherboard. I have RMA'ed the power supply but don't want to wait to
fire the system up.

To err on the side of caution, I will just remove 2 gigs of ram and maybe 2
of the raptors before firing it up.