[dba-Tech] Office 2003

Jon Tydda jon at tydda.plus.com
Sat Jan 22 21:32:55 CST 2005

I did a very unusual thing today - I bought an actual real legal licenced
copy of Office...

We were in a shop (PC world, sorry I'll go and wash my mouth out now) and we
saw this incredible offer: instead of £350 for Standard Edition with one
licence, or £150 for the upgrade version, buy the same product for £80 with
3 licences because it's the educational version. There are NO DIFFERENCES
except you get 3 licences instead of 1 and it's less than a quarter of the
price.

My dad works in a school, and happened to have his ID on him, but we weren't
asked to prove that we were students or teachers or anything, so I think I'm
going to have to go back next week with orders for some friends... So if
anyone's interested, and fancies their chances, it might be worth giving
this a look... for your money you get Excel, Word, Outlook and Powerpoint,
but that's more than enough to be getting on with for most of us...

Jon